Friday, April 4, 2008

SPECIAL GUEST: AMELIA, the little girl who stole Shannon's heart and challenged Geoff's doubts that he could be a loving father again


Interviewed by Genene Valleau, author of SONGS OF THE HEART

AUTHOR:
Right now Amelia is decorating cookies she and Shannon have baked. Amelia, what is your favorite kind of cookie?

AMELIA: Ones with sprinkles.


AUTHOR: Why is that?


AMELIA: Because they make you sweeter. *giggles*


AUTHOR: Do you and Shannon make cookies every day?


AMELIA: Almost every day, and sometimes Geoff helps put the sprinkles on.


AUTHOR: Do you dance every day too?


AMELIA: Kinda. My teacher says I have to work hard at dancing, but some days I’d rather dance just for fun with Geoff.


AUTHOR: Do you like Geoff?


AMELIA: *nods* He saved me from the river.


AUTHOR: That must have been scary.


AMELIA: And cold.


AUTHOR: You like Zach a lot too, don’t you?


AMELIA: *grins* Yeah. Other people say he’s kinda grouchy, but he tells me funny stories.

AUTHOR: You have a lot of people who love you.

AMELIA: Shannon says that’s the way adoption is supposed to be. She said the angels knew she had wished for a little girl with all her heart and I was her dream come true.


AUTHOR: I think she’s right.


AMELIA grins broadly: Can we give away some cookies now?


AUTHOR: Good idea! Why don’t you draw the winner?

No comments: